Bean and Squash Soup
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
Mashing some of the kidney beans called for in this recipe makes for an irresistibly creamy vegetable soup.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspdried basil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)red kidney beanred kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups 4cupsvegetable stock
- 2 cups 2cupscubed peeled squash
- 1/2 1/2sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfrozen corn kernels
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, basil, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add kidney beans, mashing about one-third. Add vegetable stock and squash; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
Add green pepper and corn; heat through.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2005