Beef and Mushroom Cheeseburgers
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||8 g|
- 8 8cremini mushrooms
- 1 1small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb 1lbextra-lean ground beef
- 1 tsp 1tspchopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp 1tspdry mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspblack pepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspcayenne pepper
- 4 slices 4slicesCheddar cheese
- 2 cups 2cupsbaby arugula
- 2 2tomatotomatoes, sliced
- 4 4whole grain kaiser rolls, halved and toasted
In food processor, finely chop mushrooms with onion; scrape into large bowl.
Add beef, thyme, mustard, salt, and black and cayenne peppers; mix until combined. Shape into four 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties.
Place on greased grill or in grill pan over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning once, until digital rapid-read thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each reads 160°F (71°C), 10 to 12 minutes.
Top each patty with cheese. Sandwich with arugula and tomatoes in rolls.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2011