Beef and Noodle Soup
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
Finish with: Fruit Salad
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 12 oz 12oztop sirloin grilling steaktop sirloin grilling steaks, thinly sliced
- 2 2cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspgrated orange rind
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground ginger
- 1 pinch 1pinchcinnamon
- 1 pinch 1pinchground fennel
- 1 pinch 1pinchhot pepper flakes
- 3 cups 3cupsbeef stock
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsoy sauce
- 4 oz 4ozfettuccine
- 4 cups 4cupsspinach leafspinach leaves
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
In large saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; brown beef, in batches, about 2 minutes. Transfer beef to plate.
Add garlic, orange rind, ginger, cinnamon, fennel and hot pepper flakes; cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add stock and 2 cups (500 mL) water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes. Skim off any foam. Stir in soy sauce.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine until tender but firm, about 10 minutes. Drain.
Divide fettuccine, beef and spinach among soup bowls. Add broth; sprinkle with onions.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2003