Beef Patties with Saucy Mushrooms
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||17 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
Perfect for a cozy winter dinner, these tasty patties are seasoned with thyme and served with a Worcestershire mushroom sauce.
- 1 1oniononions
- 1 1eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2tbspdry breadcrumbs
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspdried thyme
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb 1lblean ground beef
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupssliced mushroommushrooms
- 2 tbsp 2tbspall-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupssodium-reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspWorcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp 2tspchopped fresh parsley
Grate half of the onion. Slice remaining half and set aside.
In large bowl, combine grated onion, egg, bread crumbs, 1 tbsp (15 mL) water, thyme, salt, pepper and half of the garlic; mix in beef. Shape into eight 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry patties until browned on both sides, no longer pink inside and meat thermometer inserted into centre registers 160°F (71°C), about 10 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Drain fat from pan. Fry mushrooms, sliced onion and remaining garlic until mushrooms are softened and browned, 4 minutes. Add flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock and Worcestershire sauce; bring to boil and boil, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Return patties to pan and add parsley; heat through.
More beef patty recipes:
- Curried Beef Patties
- Beef Patties with Mustard Sauce
- Corned Beef Hash Patties
- Tomato-Topped Beef Patties
- Beef Patties with Stout Gravy
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2006