Beef Tenderloin Medallions with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||23 g|
|sat. fat||9 g|
- Portion size: 4
Tenderloin grilling steaks get the royal treatment in this recipe with cremini mushrooms and red wine.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 2 2shallotshallots, sliced
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz 8ozcremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 dash 1dashWorcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried thyme
- 4 4beef tenderloin grilling steakbeef tenderloin grilling steaks, (about 6 oz/175 g each)
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupdry red wine
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbutter, softened
- 1 tbsp 1tbspall-purpose flour
In heavy skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; saute shallots and garlic until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, half each of the salt and pepper and the thyme; cook, stirring, until very soft and almost no liquid remains, about 6 minutes. Scrape into bowl.
Wipe out skillet. Brush steaks with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Sear over medium-high heat, turning once, until desired doneness, about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to warm plate; tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, add wine to skillet; cook, scraping up any brown bits, until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms and any meat juices to pan. Combine butter with flour; stir into pan and cook until thickened. Serve with steaks.
More beef tenderloin recipes:
- Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Rosti Potatoes
- Beef Tenderloin with Cabernet Shallot Sauce
- Beef Tenderloin with Marinated Walnut Sauce
- Porcini-Dusted Beef Tenderloin with Onion Jus
- Grilled Peppered Beef Tenderloin with Balsamic Strawberries
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2009