Cajun Fish Nuggets
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||13 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
Serve with Oven Fries, Sugar Snap Peas and Pear and Cranberry Sundaes (see recipe link below).
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupall-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcornmeal
- 1 tbsp 1tbspCajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuplight mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 4 4white fish filletwhite fish fillets or tilapia fillets or catfish fillets or sole fillets, 1-1/2 lb (750 g) total
In large shallow dish, whisk flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, combine mayonnaise, dill and lemon juice; set 1/4 cup (50 mL) aside for serving.
Cut fish into 2-inch (5 cm) chunks; dip into mayonnaise mixture, then flour mixture, turning to coat.
Place on greased rimmed baking sheet; bake in 450°F (230°C) oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Broil until crisp, about 4 minutes. Serve with reserved mayonnaise mixture for dipping.
Additional information : Serve with: Pear and Cranberry Sundaes
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2003