Chicken and Melon Salad with Orange Basil Dressing
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||21 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4
Crunchy cashews meets sweet melon in this meal-sized chicken salad.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgrated orange rind
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuporange juice
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupvegetable oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp 1tbspDijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 4 4boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 1/2cantaloupecantaloupes
- 6 cups 6cupstorn mixed salad greens
- 1 1carrotcarrots, diced
- 1 1celery stalkcelery stalks, diced
- 1 cup 1cupcroutoncroutons
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupsalted cashewcashews or peanuts
In large bowl, whisk together orange rind and juice, oil, basil, mustard, salt and pepper; pour 1/2 cup (125 mL) into large shallow dish. Add chicken, turning to coat; marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning once, until no longer pink inside, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing crosswise.
Meanwhile, peel, seed and cut cantaloupe into wedges; add to grill. Close lid and cook, turning halfway through, until grill-marked, 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, to dressing in bowl, add greens, carrot, celery, croutons and cashews; toss to coat. Divide among plates. Top with chicken and cantaloupe.