This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
A lighter-style chili from your slow cooker.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 8 8boneless skinless chicken thighboneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2tspground coriander
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspground cumin
- 1 tsp 1tspchipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 can 1canwhite kidney beanwhite kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 2chopped green chiligreen chilies
- 2 tbsp 2tbspall-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over. Transfer to slow cooker.
Drain any fat from pan; add remaining oil. Fry onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Scrape into slow cooker. Stir in beans and chilies; cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
Remove chicken from sauce; cube and set aside.
In small bowl, whisk flour with 3 tbsp (50 mL) water; whisk into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in chicken, coriander and lime juice; heat through.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2008