Chicken Cutlets With Cilantro Peanut Sauce
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||22 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
This green sauce is like an Asian-style pesto. It is equally nice on grilled fish. It's also a timesaver because you can make this sauce up to two days ahead and refrigerate it, then just bring to room temperature to serve.
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupspacked fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuppacked fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppeanut oil or vegetabIe oil
- 2-1/2 tbsp 2-1/2tbspwhite wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 4 4boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
Finely chop parsley and cilantro; transfer to bowl. Stir in peanuts, all but 2 tsp of the oil, the vinegar and half each of the salt and pepper. Set aside.
Between plastic wrap, pound chicken with meat mallet or bottom of heavy saucepan to 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness. Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt
Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes. To serve, spoon sauce over chicken.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2011