Chicken Piccata Linguini
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||11 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time : 7 minutes
- Total time : PT12M
- Portion size: 4
- 12 oz 12ozlinguine
- 2 2boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp 2tbspall-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbutter
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupsodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp 3tbsplemon juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbspcapercapers, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgrated romano cheese
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, slice chicken on bias into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick strips; sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat; cook garlic and chicken until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
Stir in broth, scraping up any brown bits; bring to boil and boil until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
Stir in parsley, lemon juice and capers; add to drained pasta. Add cheese and toss to coat.
More linguine recipes:
- Linguine with Pancetta and Snow Peas
- Lemon Parmesan Linguine
- 20-Minute Chicken Linguine
- Linguine with Walnuts and Arugula
- Linguine with Clams
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2010