Chicken Squash Curry
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||19 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4
Juicy chicken and tender squash are made special with a fragrant, homemade curry sauce.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1 lb 1lbboneless skinless chicken thighchicken thighs, cubed
- 1 1chopped oniononions
- 2 2hot green chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups 2cupscubed seeded peeled butternut squash, (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 3 tbsp 3tbspmild Indian curry paste
- 1 can (28 oz/796 ml) 1can (28 oz/796 ml)diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh coriander
In Dutch oven, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken. Remove to plate.
In same Dutch oven, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook onion and hot peppers, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add squash and curry paste; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add tomatoes and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits. Return chicken and any juices to pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander.
More Curry Recipes:
- Malaysian Chicken Curry
- Chicken Curry with Vegetables
- Halibut and Spinach Curry
- Curry Soup
- Rich Lamb Curry
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2009