Chicken Wraps with Grilled Corn and Tomato Salsa
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
In just the time it takes to grill and cut the chicken, this popular meal can be on the table for any easy, kid-friendly meal.
- 3 3boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 2corn cobcorn cobs
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 2 tsp 2tspCajun seasoning
- 8 8lettuce leaves
- 1 1avocadoavocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 4 4large whole wheat tortillatortillas Tomato Salsa:
- 1 large 1largetomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupminced red onion
- 1 1cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1jalapeño pepperjalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
Brush chicken and corn with oil; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Place on greased grill or in grill pan over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until corn is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes.
Tomato Salsa: Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix together tomato, onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, coriander, lime juice, salt and pepper.
With sharp knife, cut kernels from corn; stir into salsa.
Slice chicken lengthwise into thin strips. Divide chicken, lettuce, avocado and salsa among tortillas; roll up.
More chicken wrap recipes:
- Chicken Couscous Wraps with Red Pepper Mayonnaise
- Korean Grilled Chicken in Lettuce Wraps
- Mango Chicken Salad Wraps
- Grilled Thai Chicken Wraps
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2006; Get Grilling: Summer 2007