Chickpea Ragout with Polenta
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||9 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
This easy, vegan dish is packed with protein and can be made in under 30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 1/2small eggplant, diced
- 1 1small zucchinizucchinis, diced
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, diced
- 1 1oniononions, diced
- 2 cloves 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspdried oregano
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchhot pepper flakes
- 1 can 1candiced tomatoes
- 1 can 1canchickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp 2tbsptomato paste
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped parsley
- 1 tube 1tubeprepared Polenta, cut into 8 rounds
- 2 tbsp 2tbspgrated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
In shallow Dutch oven, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium heat; fry eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and hot pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas and tomato paste; cover and simmer until thickened and vegetables are softened, about 15 minutes. Stir in parsley.
Meanwhile, brush polenta with remaining oil; sprinkle with cheese (if using). Arrange on rimmed baking sheet; broil, 6 inches (15 cm) from heat, until edges are golden, about
6 minutes. Serve with ragout.
More Chickpea Recipes:
- Chickpea Ragout with Polenta
- Deli Chickpea Salad
- Cumin Chickpea Soup
- Crispy Chickpea Patties
- Chickpea and Eggplant Simmer
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2007