Couscous Chicken with Orange Sauce
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||24 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, thinly sliced
- 2 2minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp 1tsppaprika
- 1 tsp 1tspground cumin
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1 pinch 1pinchcinnamon
- 1 pinch 1pinchcayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupwhole wheat couscous
- 2 tbsp 2tbspdried currants
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuporange juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsliced almondalmonds
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh parsley
- 4 4boneless chicken breastchicken breasts, with skin
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspcornstarch
In skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, paprika, cumin, half each of the salt and pepper, the cinnamon and cayenne until onion is softened, 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, in bowl, pour 1/3 cup (75 mL) boiling water over couscous; stir in currants and half of the orange juice. Cover and let stand until no liquid remains, about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; stir in onion mixture, almonds and parsley.
Cut each breast horizontally in half almost but not all the way through; stuff with couscous mixture. Place in roasting pan. Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Roast in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from pan.
Strain pan juices into saucepan; pour in remaining orange juice and bring to boil. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tsp (5 mL) cold water; stir into pan juices and boil for 1 minute. Serve with chicken.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2007