- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||4 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
A tasty and balanced vegetarian dinner the whole family will love.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 1 1carrotcarrots, diced
- 1 tsp 1tspdried basil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 pkg (12 oz/340 g) 1pkg (12 oz/340 g) precooked ground soy protein mixture
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) 1can (19 oz/540 ml)black beanblack beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp 2tbspall purpose flour
- 1 cup 1cupvegetable broth
- 2 tbsp 2tbsptomato paste Potato Topping:
- 3 (1-1/2 lb/750 g) 3(1-1/2 lb/750 g)potatopotatoes
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupmilk
- 1 pinch 1pincheach of salt and pepper
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook onion, carrot, basil and pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 10 minutes.
Add soy mixture and beans. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add broth and tomato paste; bring to boil and boil, stirring, for 2 minutes. Scrape into greased 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish.
Potato Topping: Meanwhile, peel potatoes and cut into chunks. Cook in saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and return to pot; mash with milk, salt and pepper. Spread over vegetable mixture. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven until hot, about 20 minutes. Broil until golden.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2009