Ginger Soy Chicken Skewers
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||11 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
Serve these Asian-inspired skewers with steamed rice and a mixed greens stir-fry. Add a peanut dipping sauce alongside for the taste of homemade satay.
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsodium-reduced soy sauce
- 4 tsp 4tspgranulated sugar
- 4 tsp 4tspsesame oil
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2tspminced gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsphot pepper flakes
- 8 8boneless skinless chicken thighboneless skinless chicken thighs, quartered
- 1 1oniononions
- 8 8green oniongreen onions, cut_into 1-1/2-inch (4 cm) pieces
In large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup (50 mL) water, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and hot pepper flakes until sugar is dissolved. Add chicken and toss to coat; let stand for 15 minutes, turning several times.
Cut onion into quarters; separate into pieces three layers thick.
Alternately thread chicken, onion and green onions onto skewers, reserving marinade.
Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once and brushing with marinade halfway through, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, 12 to 15 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2008