Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||8 g|
- Portion size: 4
This elegant chicken dish is a crowd favourite and cooks in under 30 minutes.
- 6 oz 6ozgoat cheese
- 2 2minced cloves of garlic
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspdried thyme
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried marjoram
- 1 pinch 1pinchcayenne pepper
- 4 4chicken breast, boneless, skinlesschicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspground cumin
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppaprika
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
In small bowl, combine goat cheese, garlic, green onion, thyme, marjoram and cayenne until smooth; set aside.
Trim any fat from chicken. With knife held horizontally and starting at thinner side, cut chicken in half almost but not all the way through; open like book. Spread 1 side of each with one-quarter of the cheese mixture. Fold uncovered side over; secure edge with small skewer or toothpicks.
In small bowl, whisk together oil, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper; brush all over chicken.
Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 16 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2007