Golden Fish Cakes
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||19 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- 1 lb 1lbskinless firm white fish filletsskinless firm white fish fillets, (such as cod or haddock)
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupdry bread crumbs
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh parsley
- 1 1eggeggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp 2tspDijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 4 tsp 4tspvegetable oil
- 4 4lemon wedges
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupTartar sauce
In food processor, pulse fish just until in small pieces but not paste; transfer to large bowl.
Stir in bread crumbs, green onions, parsley, egg, mustard, salt and pepper. Shape into eight 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties.
In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry fish cakes, turning once, until golden and hot throughout, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2011