Grilled Curry Shrimp Soft Tacos
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
Garnish these Caribbean-inspired tacos with baked tortilla chips and low-fat sour cream. Serve any extra salsa on the side.
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupolive oil
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplime juice
- 1 tbsp 1tbspketchup
- 2 tsp 2tspsodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp 1tspcurry powder
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 pinch 1pinchallspice
- 1 lb 1lbraw jumbo shrimp, (size 21 to 30), peeled and deveined
- 2 2sweet red peppersweet red peppers, quartered
- 2 2sweet yellow peppersweet yellow peppers, quartered
- 1 1oniononions, cut in 1/2-inch thick rings
- 1 1jalapeño pepperjalapeño peppers, seeded
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh cilantro
- 8 8whole grain flour tortillas, (6 inches/15 cm)
In large bowl, whisk together 3 tbsp of the olive oil, 2 tbsp of the lime juice, ketchup, soy sauce, curry powder, garlic, half each of the salt and pepper, and the allspice. Add shrimp and toss to coat; set aside.
Brush red and yellow peppers and onion with 1 tbsp of the remaining olive oil. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until charred
and tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Cut into chunks.
In food processor, coarsely chop grilled vegetables and jalapeño pepper; transfer to large bowl. Add cilantro and remaining olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Set salsa aside.
Add shrimp to grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until shrimp are pink, 4 to 5 minutes. Divide shrimp and salsa among tortillas.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2011