Grilled Sausage, Pepper and Bocconcini Pasta Salad
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 15 minutes
- Total time : PT25M
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||40 g|
|sat. fat||14 g|
- 3 cups 3cupspenne
- 1 1large clove garliccloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp 3tbspred wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 4 4hot Italian sausagehot Italian sausages or mild Italian sausages
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers
- 1 1sweet yellow peppersweet yellow peppers
- 1 1sweet green peppersweet green peppers
- 1 1head radicchio lettuce
- 1 container (200 g) 1container (200 g)small bocconcini cheese
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuploosely packed fresh basil, thinly sliced
In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, mince garlic with salt. In large bowl, whisk garlic mixture, oil, vinegar and pepper. Set aside.
Place sausages and red, yellow and green peppers on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning often, until juices run clear when sausages are pierced and peppers are charred all over, 10 to 15 minutes.
Cut sausages into bite-size pieces; set aside. Peel, quarter and seed peppers; slice and add to dressing. Toss to coat.
Cut radicchio in half lengthwise; remove core. Grill, turning often, until leaves are tender and slightly charred, 5 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; slice. Add to dressing. Add pasta, sausage, cheese and basil; toss to combine.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2010