Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad
- Portion size: 4 to 6
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||13 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- 1 cup 1cupquinoa
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, quartered
- 1 1sweet yellow peppersweet yellow peppers, quartered
- 1 1zucchinizucchinis, cut lengthwise in 1/2-inch thick strips
- 12 12asparagus spearasparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupLight feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuptoasted pumpkin seedpumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp 3tbspchopped fresh cilantro Chipotle Vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp 3tbspolive oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbspred wine vinegar
- 1 1canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tsp 2tspliquid honey
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspground cumin
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
Soak quinoa in cold water for 3 minutes; drain in sieve. In saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups salted water to boil; stir in quinoa and return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until no liquid remains, 12 to 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and fluff with fork; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Spread on small tray and let cool for 10 minutes.
Chipotle Vinaigrette: Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, honey, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In large bowl, toss together red and yellow peppers, zucchini, asparagus and 3 tbsp of the vinaigrette until coated. Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill until charred and tender, 4 to 6 minutes for asparagus, 10 to 12 minutes for peppers and zucchini. Cut into large chunks and return to bowl.
Add remaining dressing, quinoa, half of the feta cheese, the pumpkin seeds and cilantro; stir until incorporated. Sprinkle with remaining feta. Serve immediately.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2011