Halibut and Clam Chowder
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 2 2stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup 1cupdiced peeled potatopotatoes
- 1 tsp 1tspdried thyme
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/3 cups 1-1/3cupssodium-reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuptomato paste
- 12 oz 12ozhallibut or tilapia fillettilapia fillets
- 1 can (5 oz/150 mL) 1can (5 oz/150 mL)whole baby clambaby clams
- 1 1sweet green pepper, diced
- 1 cup 1cupfrozen corn kernels
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, celery, potato, thyme and salt, stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly golden, about 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes, chicken stock and tomato paste; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potato is tender, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut fish into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces; add to pan. Add clams, green pepper and corn; simmer, covered, over medium-low heat until fish flakes easily when tested, about 5 minutes.
Additional information : Tip: If you like, you can top each serving with a toasted baguette slice rubbed with a halved clove of garlic then lightly brushed with olive oil.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2006