Lamb Chops with Chunky Greek Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||13 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4
Serve with Grilled Greek Pitas (see recipe link below).
- 3 tbsp 3tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 2 2clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
- 1 tsp 1tspdried oregano
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 8 8(1-1/2 lb/750 g) lamb loin choplamb loin chops, trimmed
- 2 2tomatotomatoes
- 1 1sweet yellow peppersweet yellow peppers or sweet red pepper
- 1 1English cucumberEnglish cucumbers, (6 inches/15 cm)
- 2 cups 2cupstorn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupthinly sliced red onionred onions
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced fresh parsley
In large bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, lemon rind and juice, oregano, salt and pepper; pour half into another large bowl and set aside. Add lamb chops to remaining bowl; turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Drain chops, discarding any marinade from chops. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat or 6 inches (15 cm) from broiler; close lid and grill or broil, turning once, until medium-rare, about 7 minutes, or until desired doneness.
Meanwhile, cut each tomato into 8 wedges. Seed and core yellow pepper; cut pepper and cucumber into 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces. Add vegetables to reserved oil mixture. Add lettuce, onion and parsley; toss to coat. Serve with chops.
Serve with: Grilled Greek Pitas
More lamb recipes:
- Provencale Lamb Chops
- Herb-Marinated Lamb Chops
- Lamb Chops with Anchovy Butter
- Lamb Chops with Orange Glaze
- Rosemary Lemon Lamb Chops
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2004