Lemon Lentil Soup
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4 to 6
A healthy vegan soup for your slow cooker.
- 1 1large oniononions, diced
- 2 2carrotcarrots, thinly sliced
- 2 2celery stalkcelery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupdried green lentils
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried oregano
- 1 1bay leafbay leaves
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 3 cups 3cupsvegetable stock
- 3 cups 3cupschopped kale or spinach
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 1 dash 1dashhot pepper sauce
- 6 6lemon wedges, (optional)
In slow cooker, combine onion, carrots, celery, lentils, oregano, bay leaf and salt ; pour in stock and 3 cups (750 mL) water. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
Add kale; cover and cook on high for 20 minutes or until wilted. Discard bay leaf. Stir in lemon juice and hot pepper sauce. Serve with lemon wedges (if using).
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2008