Parmesan-Crusted Veal Sandwiches
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total time : 10 minutes
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||39 g|
|sat. fat||8 g|
- 2 2eggeggs
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupgrated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped fresh parsley
- 4 4veal cutlets or pork cutlets, (12 oz/375 g)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1cupfresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupvegetable oil
- 4 4soft buns, cut in half
- 2 cups 2cupstrimmed arugula or watercress
- Caper Mayo:
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupmayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcapercapers, and liquid chopped
In large bowl, whisk eggs with 2 tbsp (30 mL) water; whisk in cheese and parsley. Set aside.
Between plastic wrap, pound veal to scant 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip into flour, turning to coat; shake off excess. Dip into egg mixture. Dip into bread crumbs, turning to coat.
In 2 batches in skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook veal until browned and just a hint of pink remains inside, about 5 minutes.
Caper Mayo: Stir mayonnaise with capers and liquid; spread over cut sides of buns.
Sandwich veal and arugula in buns.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2011