Poached Eggs on Spinach-Feta Toast
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||25 g|
|sat. fat||8 g|
Eggs can satisfy any appetite any time of day. Try Omega-3 eggs, which are fortified with omega-3 fatty acids. If you don't have a large loaf of sourdough, just divide the spinach mixture among 8 slices of regular-size bread.
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfrozen spinach, thawed, finely chopped and lightly squeezed
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcrumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfinely chopped green oniongreen onions
- 2 tsp 2tspchopped fresh oregano, (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 1small clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 3 tbsp 3tbspolive oil
- 4 4thick slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvinegar
- 8 8eggeggs
In bowl, stir together spinach, feta, all but 2 tbsp of the green onions, oregano, garlic and pinch each of the salt and pepper. Stir in olive oil; spread over sourdough. Bake on baking sheet in 350ÃÃÃÂÂÃÂÂ°F (180ÃÃÃÂÂÃÂÂ°C) oven until cheese is slightly softened, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in deep skillet, heat 2 to 3 inches (5 to 8 cm) water over medium heat until simmering. Stir in vinegar. One at a time, crack eggs into small cup; gently slide into simmering water. Reduce heat to low; cook until whites are set and yolks are still soft, about 3 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel–lined tray.
Place 2 eggs on each toast; sprinkle with remaining salt, pepper and green onion.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2011