Photography by Matthew Kimura
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 4 to 6
- 4 4pork loin choppork loin chops, boneless (1-1/2 lb/750 g)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 1eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2tbspall-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupspanko bread crumbs, (Japanese bread crumbs)
- VegetabIe oil, for cooking
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupketchup
- 2 tbsp 2tbspWorcestershire sauce
Place pork between plastic wrap; pound with meat mallet to about 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Whisk egg with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water. Dip pork into flour to coat; shake off excess. Dip into egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Dip into panko, patting to coat evenly.
In deep skillet, heat 1 inch (2.5 cm) oil over medium heat; cook pork, in batches, until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk ketchup with Worcestershire sauce. Serve with pork.
More pork recipes:
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2009