Quick Beef Bulgogi
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time : 30 minutes
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||9 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
|dietary fibre||1 g|
Bulgogi, a Korean marinated beef dish, is traditionally served with rice and kimchi, a spicy Korean condiment. If you can't find Asian pears, use any firm pear. Freezing the beef an hour prior to cooking makes it easier to slice as thinly as possible.
- 3 tbsp 3tbspsodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbsp 2tbspmirin or white wine
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgranulated sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspsesame seeds
- 1 tbsp 1tbspsesame oil
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2tspminced fresh ginger
- 4 4green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 1/2Asian pearAsian pears, peeled and grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 lb 1lbsirloin grilling steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp 1tspvegetable oil
In bowl, whisk together soy sauce, mirin, sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and all but 2 tbsp of the onions until sugar dissolves.
Stir in pear and beef; cover and let stand for 15 minutes or refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Drain off marinade.
In wok or skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat; stir-fry beef mixture until beef is browned, about 3 minutes. Garnish with remaining green onions.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2012