Quick Cheese Biscuits
- Portion size: 12
This recipe makes 12 servings
Wrap up two of these tasty biscuits to go with a vacuum bottle of hot soup. Or use them instead of bread for sandwiches. Children love variety and these are a bit different than just plain sandwiches.
- 1-3/4 cups 1-3/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 4 tsp 4tspbaking powder
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgranulated sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspdried parsley
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspgarlic powder
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupbutter, cubed
- 1 cup 1cupshredded old Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 1cupmilk
In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, parsley, salt and garlic powder. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add Cheddar cheese and milk, mixing with fork until ragged moist dough forms. Drop by 1/4 (50 mL)cupfuls, 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) apart, onto greased baking sheet.
Bake in centre of 425°F (220°C) oven until lightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes.