- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total time : 20 minutes
- Portion size: 4 to 6
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||5 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- 1 tbsp 1tbspolive oil
- 1 1oniononions, diced
- 1 cup 1cupdiced fennel bulb
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2 2bay leafbay leaves
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) 1can (28 oz/796 mL)whole tomatoes
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupdry white wine
- 3 tbsp 3tbsptomato paste
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppaprika
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsphot pepper flakes
- 1 lb 1lbmusselmussels
- 1 lb 1lblarge shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb 1lblinguine
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced fresh parsley
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; saut?nion, fennel, garlic, bay leaves and salt until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, breaking up with spoon. Add wine, tomato paste, paprika, Italian seasoning and hot pepper flakes; cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, scrub mussels and remove any beards; discard any that do not close when tapped. Add to pan along with shrimp, stirring to coat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mussels open and shrimp turn pink, 7 to 10 minutes. Discard bay leaves and any mussels that do not open.
Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package instructions. Serve topped with mussel mixture. Sprinkle with minced parsley.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2010