Sesame Beef Salad
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Total time : 25 minutes
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
|dietary fibre||3 g|
This cold noodle salad is lovely served with hot flank steak for dinner. On another night, try serving the noodles with sautéed shrimp or grilled chicken.
- 12 oz 12ozbeef marinating flank steak
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchpepper
- 2 tsp 2tspvegetable oil
- 6 oz 6ozrice stick vermicelli, (about 1/8 inch/3 mm wide)
- 2 2carrotcarrots
- 3 3green oniongreen onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcoarsely chopped unsalted peanutunsalted peanuts
- 3 tbsp 3tbsprice vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsesame oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp 2tspgrated fresh ginger
Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook steak, turning once, until medium-rare, 10 to 12 minutes. Tent with foil; let stand for 10 minutes. Slice across the grain into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices.
Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water until cool; drain.
Using vegetable peeler, cut carrots into long thin strips. In large bowl, combine carrots, green onions, cilantro, peanuts and noodles.
Whisk together rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce and ginger; pour over noodles. Toss to coat. Arrange steak slices over top.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2013