Skillet Fish with Tomato Zucchini Sauce
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 4
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter or vegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups 2cupsthinly sliced zucchini, (about 2 small)
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupdiced sweet red pepper
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tsppepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsphot pepper sauce
- 1 can 1can(14 oz/398 mL) stewed tomatoes
- 4 4fish filletfish fillets, (such as tilapia, catfish, haddock, or sole) about 6 oz (175 g) each
- 1 1lemonlemons, thinly sliced
In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; saute onion, garlic, zucchini, red pepper, oregano, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each of the salt and pepper and hot pepper sauce until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes; break up large pieces with spoon. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until thick enough to mound on spoon, about 10 minutes.
Place fish in single layer on vegetables; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until fish flakes easily when tested, about 8 minutes.
Transfer fish to plate; keep warm. Simmer sauce until thickened again, about 2 minutes. Spoon over fish; serve with lemon slices.
Additional information : Tip: Red-skinned new potatoes are a delicious accompaniment. No need to peel them. Just scrub, quarter if large, and cook in covered saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 15 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2006