Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
This easy tasty pasta salad is loaded with calcium. Omit the banana peppers if your child is not a fan of hot food.
- 5 cups 5cupsrotini pasta
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, diced
- 2 stalks 2stalkscelery, diced
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuplight sour cream
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuppickled pearl onions, chopped, or 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuplight mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupminced fresh dill, (or 1/2 tsp/2 mL dried dillweed)
- 2 tbsp 2tbsppickled hot banana pepperpickled hot banana peppers, chopped
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 4 oz 4ozsmoked salmon, cut into thin strips
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender, about 10 minutes. Add red pepper and celery; cook for 10 seconds. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the cooking liquid. Rinse under cold water; set aside in colander.
In large bowl, whisk together sour cream, onions, mayonnaise, dill, banana peppers and pepper. Add pasta mixture, reserved cooking liquid and half of the salmon; toss to coat. Top with remaining salmon.
Additional information :
Replace the smoked salmon with 1 can (6 oz/170 g) tuna, drained and flaked; 1 can (7-1/3 oz/220 g) salmon, drained and flaked; or 4 oz (125 g) flaked smoked trout or mackerel. Taste and add salt, if desired.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2004