Smoked Turkey Rice Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||15 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4
Serve with fresh, crusty whole grain rolls.
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 cup 1cupwhole-grain parboiled brown rice
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsesame seeds
- 2 cups 2cupscubed smoked turkey thighsmoked turkey thighs or ham
- 2 cups 2cupsbean sprouts
- 1 1sweet yellow peppersweet yellow peppers, diced
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupraisinraisins, (optional)
- 8 leaves 8leavesBoston leaf lettuce
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuporange juice
- 1 tbsp 1tbspsoy sauce
- 1 tbsp 1tbspsesame oil
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated gingerroot
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1pinch pepper
- 1 1pinch salt
In saucepan, bring 2 cups (500 mL) water and salt to boil; add rice. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook until tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in skillet, toast sesame seeds over low heat until golden; set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Add rice, turkey, bean sprouts, yellow pepper, green onions, raisins (if using) and sesame seeds; toss to combine. Serve on lettuce.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2003