Spaghetti with Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce and Basil
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||15 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4
Has your backyard herb garden left you with an abundance of basil? Take a break from pesto and try this rustic, herb-infused tomato sauce.
- 12 oz 12ozspaghetti
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupminced fresh basil, approx
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcrumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsliced pitted black oliveblack olives Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce:
- 4 cups 4cupscherry tomatocherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 4 4cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tbsp 3tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbalsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp 2tspminced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchhot pepper flakes
Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce: In 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) metal cake pan, toss together tomatoes, garlic, oil, vinegar, rosemary, salt and hot pepper flakes. Roast in 400°F (200°C) oven until shrivelled, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to large serving bowl.
Add tomato sauce and basil, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with goat cheese, olives, and more basil if desired.
More spaghetti recipes:
- Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti
- Spaghetti with Arugula Pesto
- Spaghetti and Tofu Balls
- Spring Spaghetti Carbonara
- Spaghetti Alle Vongole
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2008