Spaghettini with Scallop Arrabbiata
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time : 23 minutes
- Total time : PT28M
- Portion size: 4 to 6
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- 12 oz 12ozspaghettini
- 16 16sea scallopsea scallops, (about 14 oz/400 g)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz 2ozpancetta, coarsely chopped
- 1 1small onion, chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsphot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 can 1can(19 oz/540 mL) whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh parsley
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, remove tough muscle from each scallop; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the salt. In skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; cook scallops, in batches, until golden, about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
In clean skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook pancetta until crisp, about 5 minutes.
Add onion, garlic, hot pepper flakes, pepper and remaining salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Mash tomatoes and add to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Add parsley and scallops; cook until scallops are opaque, about 1 minute. Toss with pasta.
More scallop recipes:
- Scallop Seviche
- Jerk Scallop Skewers
- Scallop and Avocado Bruschetta
- Beef and Potato Scallop
- Smoky Scallop Chowder with Bacon
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2010