Spicy Pork Noodle Stir-Fry
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total time : 25 minutes
- Portion size: 2
This recipe makes 2 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||24 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
|dietary fibre||6 g|
This one-dish meal comes together quickly, so be sure to have all of the prep finished before you start cooking. If you don't like spice, omit the chili garlic paste, or serve it as a condiment on the side. You can easily double this to make four servings.
- 4 oz 4ozrice stick vermicelli, (about 1/8 inch/3 mm wide)
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp 2tspchili garlic paste, (such as sambal oelek)
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp 1tspgranulated sugar
- 1 tsp 1tspsesame oil
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 8 oz 8ozlean ground pork
- 1 tsp 1tspvegetable oil
- 1 cup 1cupsliced shiitake mushroomshiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup 1cupcoleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupsnow peasnow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp 3tbspchopped roasted unsalted peanuts
In large bowl, soak vermicelli in warm water until softened and separated, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, whisk together soy sauce, chili paste, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, salt and 2/3 cup water; set aside.
In wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork, stirring occasionally and breaking up with back of wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove pork to plate. Drain and set aside.
Wipe wok clean and return to heat. Add vegetable oil and mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add coleslaw mix, snow peas, green onions and garlic; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Stir in soy sauce mixture and noodles, tossing to combine; stir-fry until tender, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2013