Spinach Steak and Mushroom Salad
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||20 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- 1 lb 1lbgrilling strip loin steakstrip loin steaks, 1 inch thick cut
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 2 cups 2cupsmushrooms, halved
- 1 1minced clove garliccloves of garlic
- 1 tsp 1tspdried thyme
- 1 bag (6 oz/170 g) 1bag (6 oz/170 g)baby spinach
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupthinly sliced red onionred onions Creamy Horseradish Dressing
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2tbspmilk
- 2 tbsp 2tbspprepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
Creamy Horseradish Dressing: In bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, horseradish, salt and pepper.
Season steak with half each of the salt and pepper. Place on greased grill or in grill pan over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until medium-rare, about 8 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saut?ushrooms, garlic, thyme and remaining salt and pepper until no liquid remains and mushrooms are golden, about 5 minutes.
Divide spinach among 4 plates. Divide mushrooms, steak and onion over top; drizzle with dressing.
More steak and salad recipes:
- Southwest Steak and Salsa Salad
- Crunchy Crouton Steak and Arugula Salad
- Cumin Flank Steak with Avocado Salad
- Sirloin Steak with Green Bean Pasta Salad
- Steak Salad with Blue Cheese Buttermilk Dressing
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2007