Steak, Caramelized Onion and Pepper Soft Taco
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||24 g|
|sat. fat||9 g|
- Preparation time: 15 minutes Stand: 5 minutes
- Total time : 30 minutes
- Portion size: 4
Let everyone build their own taco with this family-friendly dinner recipe, packed with healthy avocados, tomatoes, lettuce, steak strips and caramelized onions.
- 1 lb 1lbbeef flank marinating steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
- 1 tbsp 1tbspwhite vinegar
- 2 tsp 2tspground cumin
- 2 tsp 2tspchili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspdried oregano
- 1 tsp 1tspsmoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tsppepper
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1sweet onionsweet onions, sliced
- 1 1sweet green peppersweet green peppers, sliced
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, sliced
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupfrozen corn kernels, thawed
- 8 8small flour tortillas
- 1 cup 1cupshredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup 1cupchopped tomato
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupshredded Monterey Jack cheese
In large bowl, toss together steak, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each of the salt and pepper; let stand for 5 minutes.
In large cast-iron or nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; fry steak, in batches, until browned but still pink inside, 3 to 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to plate.
Add onion, green and red peppers, and remaining salt and pepper to pan; cook over medium heat until tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in corn and heat through.
Divide steak and vegetables among tortillas; top with lettuce, tomato and cheese. Fold in half.
More steak recipes:
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2011