Sun-Dried Tomato and White Bean Risotto
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4
- 1 tbsp 1tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspdried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 cup 1cuparborio or other short grain rice
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupshot vegetable stock
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)navy beannavy beans, (white pea) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupgrated Parmesan cheese
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add rice, stirring to coat. Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring once, for 10 minutes. Stir vigorously for 15 seconds. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
Stir in navy beans; simmer, covered, until rice is creamy and slightly firm to the bite, about 2 minutes.
Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
Additional information : Variation
Sun-Dried Tomato and Two-Bean Risotto: Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green beans along with the navy beans.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2006