Sweet and Spicy Cashew Chicken
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time : 25 minutes
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||17 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
Crunchy cashews, sweet red peppers and succulent chicken make up this stir-fry that's ready in just 25 minutes.?
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupsodium-reduced chicken broth
- 3 tbsp 3tbspoyster sauce
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgranulated sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcornstarch
- 1 tbsp 1tbspwhite vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1 lb 1lbboneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 2 2sweet red peppersweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 2oniononions, chopped
- 1 tsp 1tspThai chili pasteThai chili paste or sambal oelek
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuproasted unsalted cashews
- 3 3green oniongreen onions, chopped
Whisk together chicken broth, oyster sauce, sugar, cornstarch and vinegar; set aside.
In wok, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken, salt and pepper until golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Add remaining oil to wok; stir-fry red peppers, onions and chili paste for 3 minutes. Return chicken and any juices to wok; stir-fry until no longer pink inside, about 1 minute.
Add cornstarch mixture; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add cashews and green onions; stir-fry for 1 minute.
More spicy chicken recipes:
- Chicken in Spicy Spinach Sauce
- Spicy Indian Chicken Kabobs
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Spicy Orange Basil Chicken
- Spicy Orange Paprika-Grilled Chicken
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2011