Tofu and Asparagus Stir-Fry
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving, about:||-|
|total fat||12 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
Enjoy this fabulous vegetarian stir-fry any night of the week. It's quick, easy and good for you, too! For a video demo of this dish, click here.
- 1 pkg (350 g) 1pkg (350 g)extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil, approx.
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, chopped and separated into white and green parts
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1small piece fresh gingerroot, sliced
- 3 cups 3cupschopped asparagus
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch 1pinchhot pepper flakes, (optional)
- 2 tsp 2tspsesame oil
- Hot Rice noodles Sauce:
- 1 cup 1cupvegetable stock or chicken stock
- 4 tsp 4tspblack bean garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcornstarch
Sauce: In bowl, stir together stock, black bean sauce and cornstarch; set aside.
Drain and pat tofu dry; cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. In large skillet or wok, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry white parts of green onions, garlic and ginger for 20 seconds. Add asparagus, red pepper and tofu, adding more oil if necessary, stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in sauce and hot pepper flakes (if using); bring to boil and boil, stirring, until thickened and tofu and vegetables are coated with sauce, about 1 minute. Sprinkle sesame oil over top. Serve over hot rice noodles. Sprinkle with green parts of green onions.
More tofu recipes: