Tuna Salad Potatoes
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
- 4 large 4largebaking potatopotatoes, (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 2 cans (each 170 g) 2cans (each 170 g)solid white tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupdiced roasted or fresh sweet red peppersweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsliced pitted black oliveblack olives
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight sour cream
- 1 stalk 1stalkcelery, diced
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupdiced red oniononions
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
Prick each potato several times; microwave on high, turning halfway through, until tender, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in bowl, combine tuna, red pepper, olives, mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, onion, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside.
Cut X in top of each potato; squeeze to open and separate. Mound tuna mixture onto potatoes.
Place potatoes on rimmed baking sheet; broil 6 inches (15 cm) from heat until heated through and edges are crisp and darkened, about 5 minutes.
Additional information : Variation
Tuna Salad Potato Melts: Follow recipe but broil for 2 minutes. Top each stuffed potato with 1 slice Cheddar cheese; broil until bubbly and golden, about 3 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2006