Turkey Black Bean Chili
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||12 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4 to 6
A one-pot chili recipe perfect for families on-the-run. this recipe is lightened up with ground turkey in place of beef.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1 lb 1lbground turkey or ground chicken
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2tspdried oregano
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 2 tbsp 2tbsptomato paste
- 1 can 1can(28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 can 1can(19 oz/540 mL) black beanblack beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1small zucchinizucchinis, cubed
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcorn kernels
- 3 tbsp 3tbspchili powder
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupminced fresh coriander or parsley
- Sour cream
- sliced Jalapeno pepperJalapeno peppers, (optional)
In large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; saute turkey, breaking up, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Drain off fat; transfer turkey to bowl.
In same saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.
Return turkey to pan. Add tomatoes, black beans, zucchini, corn and chili powder; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in coriander. Serve garnished with sour cream and jalapeno peppers (if using).
More chili recipes:
- Chunky Chili with Cheddar Cornbread
- Really Good Beef and Bean Chili
- Slow Cooker Pork and Black Bean Chili
- Black Bean Chili with Avocado Salsa
- Field Meal Chili
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2008