Tuscan Bean Soup
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 25 minutes
- Total time : PT35M
- Portion size: 4 to 6
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- 1 tbsp 1tbspextra virgin olive oil, (approx)
- 1 1large leekleeks, (white and light green parts only), diced
- 1 1potatopotatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 2cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 cups 4cupsvegetable broth
- 3 cups 3cupsshredded Savoy cabbage
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) 1can (14 oz/398 mL)white kidney beanwhite kidney beans or mixed beans, drained
- 1 tbsp 1tbspminced fresh oregano or fresh parsley, (approx)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- Grated parmesan cheese Garlic Toasts:
- 1/2 1/2baguettebaguettes
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1large clove garliccloves of garlic, halved
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté leek, potato and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add broth and 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) water; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in cabbage, beans, oregano, salt and pepper; cook for 10 minutes. Transfer 1 cup (250 mL) to blender and purée; return to pot and heat through. Serve sprinkled with more of the olive oil and oregano, and Parmesan cheese.
Garlic Toasts: Meanwhile, cut baguette into 12 slices; brush with oil. Broil until golden. Rub with garlic.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2010