Warm Pear and Hazelnut Salad
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total time : 10 minutes
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||29 g|
|sat. fat||10 g|
|dietary fibre||5 g|
The crunchiness of toasted hazelnuts and creamy tang of blue cheese go perfectly with pears. This salad main can easily serve eight as a starter course. Be sure to use pears that are ripe but firm to the touch.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbutter
- 2 2 firm ripe pearpears, (such as Bartlett), cored and cut in 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices
- 3 tbsp 3tbspsherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1tbsppacked light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp 3tbspolive oil
- 1 tsp 1tspDijon mustard
- 1 tsp 1tspliquid honey
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 12 cups 12cupsbaby arugula leafbaby arugula leaves
- 3-1/2 oz 3-1/2ozCambozola cheese, broken in chunks
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupskinned toasted hazelnuthazelnuts
In skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook pears for 1 minute. Add 1 tbsp of the vinegar and brown sugar; toss to coat. Cook until fork-tender, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together olive oil, remaining vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Toss with arugula. Divide among 4 plates; sprinkle with cheese, hazelnuts and warm pears.
Additional information :
Change It Up
Warm Apple and Hazelnut Salad
Substitute baby spinach for the arugula and tart apples for the pears.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2013