Quick Chicken Fried Rice
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving, about:||-|
|total fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 4
Pack frozen cooked chicken and plan to serve this meal on the first or second night of travel. If you have refrigeration, precook the rice and freeze for easy carrying.
- 2 tsp 2tspbutter
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 1 cup 1cuplong-grain rice
- 1 cup 1cupsliced celery
- 1 1carrotcarrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsoy sauce
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, diced (optional)
- 1 can (12 oz/341 mL) 1can (12 oz/341 mL)corn kernels, drained
- 2 2boneless chicken breastboneless chicken breasts, cooked and slivered
In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion for 2 minutes or until softened. Add 2 cups (500 mL) water; stir in rice, celery, carrot and soy sauce.
Cover and bring to boil; pull pot to edge of fire or reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed, adding up to 1/2 cup (125 mL) water if pot boils dry too soon.
Add red pepper (if using), corn and chicken; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.