Raspberry Cream Tea Muffins
This recipe makes 18 servings
- Portion size: 18 muffins
Bake Fest 2009
- 1 cup 1cupMazola Veg Plus Canola & Vegetable Oil Blend
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupplain 1% yogurt
- 2 2Naturegg™ Omega 3 EggNaturegg™ Omega 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp 2tspfinely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp 2tspvanilla
- 3 cups 3cupsall-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupsgranulated sugar
- 4 tsp 4tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcoarse sugar, (optional)
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupTre Stelle Mascarpone Cheese, (approx.)
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupraspberry jam, or preserves (approx.)
1. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Whisk together oil, yogurt, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in separate bowl. Make well in dry ingredients; pour in oil mixture and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Divide batter among prepared cups.
2. Sprinkle coarse sugar (if using) over batter. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes; transfer to rack. Let cool completely.
3. Remove paper and slice tops off each muffin. Spread with an equal amount of Mascarpone and dollop of raspberry jam. Replace tops.
Source : Bake Fest 2009