All the savoury flavours of an antipasto platter are present here. For a hearty main-course salad, add 1 cup (250 mL) cubed salami.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2005
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) red onion
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) black olive
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) smoked mozzarella cheese mozzarella or bocconcini cheese
- 4 cups (1 l) arugula
- 4 cups (1 l) Boston lettuce leaves
- 4 tomatoes (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) fresh basil (or 1 tsp/5 mL dried)
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (50 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt and pepper
In small bowl, cover red onion with cold water. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
Basil Dressing: Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together basil, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
Add olives, mozzarella cheese and red onion to dressing. Toss to combine. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.)
Arrange arugula on platter. Cut each tomato into 6 wedges; arrange over arugula. Top with dressing mixture.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 479 mg
- Protein 6 g
- Calories 230.0
- Total fat 19 g
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Total carbohydrate 10 g
- Iron 14.0
- Folate 34.0
- Calcium 19.0
- Vitamin A 26.0
- Vitamin C 52.0