- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: September 1999
- 4 pork loin chops (1 lb/500 g total)
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 red apples cut_in thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
In skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned and just a hint of pink remains inside. Transfer to plate; keep warm.
Add onions to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Whisk together apple juice, cider vinegar, sugar and salt, add and boil for 3 minutes.
Add apples, cover and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Return pork and accumulated juices to pan along with parsley.